We’ve all been busy beind the scenes preparing for the second Woodland Heritage Festival.
That is on this Bank Holday Monday, May 30th, at the Ecclesall Woods Discovery Centre.
Here are some pictures of all the activities from last year’s festival.
It’s a FREE family-friendly archaeology and heritage festival. We’ll have the same great hands-on practical archaeology activities as last year
- iron smelting
- copper craft
- human osteology
- experimental Q-pit charcoal-making
Plus we have some new crafty things for kids (and kids-at-heart):
- “cave” (paper wall) painting
- “bone” (soap) carving
- a landscape archaeology scavenger hunt (with prizes!)
- costumed historic characters – Bess of Hardwick and her friends
- two talks on history and protest from the English department
As a reminder of all the cool things on offer, I will be re-sharing the podcasts of last year’s archaeology talks in the lead up to Monday 30th May.
See you there!